Hiroshi Sugimoto: Cinema Dome (1993)
A single exposure of an entire film. Part of a series.
CHS Platform Lectures
Every week until December (8 in total)
CHS Practice Workshop
Every other week (4 in total) These are essentially writing workshops.
- Writing Objects
email@example.com for scheduling issues etc.
CHS Handbook Yay marking criteria. Also submission dates etc. Also a reading list for the workshops.
Also part of this kabal:
- CHS College-Wide Seminar Series
- Bright Labyrinth lectures
We submit a proposal in December, then start doing drafts in January.
Perception , Present, Perspectives
McLuhan: Understanding Media
TO behold, use or percieve any extension of ourselves in technologicl form in necessarily…
if perspective organs vary…
McLuhan The age of co-presence of all individuals is the age of communication - the age of instant humans. Coumputer data-banks dissolve the human image
Gareth’s written some papers.
Design writer, editor and educator Assistant editor of Eye and Pulp
Loads of articles in Eye
- Wit, bad taste and loud type
- Underground food zines
- Graphic Means
- Interview w/ Gail Bichler (of the NYT magazines)
- Weingart interview
- Chermayeff: Rip it up and start again
- From book to ballet
- Design from the other side (Can design be a=political)
You can now
- Partnership at work
- A Wolff in the Park
Pulp (which is a Fedrigoni thing) Design 360
Dr Rosa Ainley
PhD in architecture.
- Uncommon Building
- Ennerdale Drive
- New frontiers of space, bodies and gender
- Leysdown Rose-tinted
- Writing urban space
Currently doing work on waiting / waiting rooms.
Dr Helga Schmid
Researcher, writer, editor etc.
- Undergrad in graphics in Augsburg.
- Freelance exhibition design
- MA in graphics in NY
- MoMA curator
PhD on Uchronia (alternative time systems, ie. utopias for time) Time at the intersection of design chronosociology and chronobiology
Teaches on IED.
Recent piece at Istanbul Design Biennial Currently designer in residence at the Design Museum
Dr Claudia Dutson
PhD in architecture at the RCA: Thermanl Performance Chapters in:
- Industries in Architecture: You can look at technical details in architecture as political acts
- Architecture and Feminisms: Feminist critique of the enterpreneurial impulse people are expected to have
- Digging for Gold
Current research: The architecture of Silicon Valley Drawing, VR, forensic methods, ie. weirdly enormous Facebook ofice This is going into a monograph Forensic architecture: Not aesthetics that represent, aesthetics that generate knowledge
Agnes Denes: Wheatfield, A Confrontation